Thursday, March 6, 2008

Childhood friends!!


I used to live in Orrisa for 3 years. It was when I was studing in second grade that dad got shifted there. So I was really little. Ro and I had a lot of friends there. Swini, Kuni , Bapu, bunty, bushan, happy, asha, anu...the list goes on!We had our own fun...we lived in our own little world playing and enjoying. We lived in a rural village there so it was pretty awesome. Dad was kind of a celebrity figure over there because he was the bank manager!!! lol our daily routine was we go to school...play and study there with our school friends....then come back home and play with our neighbourhood friends.. it was time of no reponsibilty. I knew nothing that went around the house. My friends and I had lots of fun taking out cycle around the village, going to the guest house, playing pranks on the milk vendor, playing cricket and holi and deepavali.. and so many so many more things.....it was so wonderful. After three years dad got transferred and we had to bid goodbye to our friends. I never thought I would see them again. They had become a part of my past ..a memory soon fading away. Until suddenly one fine morning...one of our childhood friend came searching for us through orkut. Oh my god...it was such an awesome expereince because it has been almost 10 years that we hadn't contacted them. I was elated and on cloud num 9...Ro was in the same condition! We talked for hours and hours reminiscing about our days in Orrisa. it was like living through that whole phase of my life once again.The faded memories became fresh like new buds coming from a plant. Well we miss you guys so much and we will be coming to see you guys soon. And also thanks to orkut!!!!

No comments: