Monday, May 11, 2009

A dedication to my beloved College!


Yesterday i got my TC from college. Now its official. I have severed all ties from my college. I had grown so accustomed to getting on Jan Shadabdhi (train) and going away to Cochin for college. Now it seems that I will never be travelling that often anymore. When I walked in yesterday, it struck a familiar chord in me. I felt so nostalgic. When i was much younger, my mom used to tell me always "look, here is the college I studied in". It never struck me that important. But i failed to see that it meant something more to her. Now i understand. I have just begun to familiarise myself with all the nooks and crannies of my college and now i am being taken away from that familiar place. When I first joined, all i wanted to do was get out. But now that i am out, i just wanna get back in lol :). So here i will jot down things that i am going to miss about my college and also my hostel ( I will mostly refer the inanimate objects).


1. the Science block of my college. Even though it was just a 5 storeyed building in a confined space and you couldnt call it a college, it was B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!!!!


2. The zoology department on the second floor of the building. A darkly lit corridor, two huge labs, three classrooms, the creepy specimens room with all weird creature from every phyla you could imagine, and the even creepier staff room (lol)...i feel like describing a room in a horror movie or something, now all we need is Frankenstien monster...lol.


3. The "Botanical garden" of our college, more like a small plot of greenery. But still it was pretty.


4. Anugraha Chapel. Peaceful and quiet.


5. Our canteen, which only serves Ulli vada and pazham pori. Also they had some other stuff n best of all Sip up. The canteen was my investment during the first year. It would explain how, even though i was in the hostel, i gained weight :)




6. Blacky, our black cat that gets naughty around girls. Hehehe he is our favourite


7. The Gym Plaza ofcourse!!!!!! that big outdoor auditorium has held so many memories, from throw ball games, to bat minton, to running races and so many more.


8. The mess hall with its Oh So Boring dishes. But what can i say, i love it! The yellow curry, the weird avial, the soapy plates and glasses...lol those were so funny.


9. Sister Annies funny flower arrangements in the chapel. You know sometimes she just plucks some leaves out of the garden and calls is flower arrangement. Jesus Christ, it is so hilarious.


10. My hostel. So many many memories have been made there in the 3 years that i was there.


11. The main block, the Elysium, the Library...which i have used 2 times :)


Well these are most of the things that come to my mind right now ( I just ate a big meal, so dont push it!!!). Well maybe years later, one day while passing by my college i will tell my children " look here kids, this is where your mommy studied" and they would be like "Oh mom, not again!". Hehehe.


No comments: