Sunday, December 2, 2007

Those were the days...

The above picture was taking in i think 2003 or something. That was how beautiful the garden looked. How peaceful the whole place looked.It all gone now.


Visiting my old home recently i felt sad and nostalgic. the place where i grew up...so much of history within its four walls. Our old childhood days, the family get togethers, those inside jokes, the mango and guava tree, the goli game and boy oh boy cricket with my brothers!!! and now the only remanants of the past are the pieces of the house which was demolised a few days back. My eyes well up thinkin about it...my great granpa built that house. i can remember everything that happened underneath its roof.
When i visited the house, it felt like a haunted mansion. It was full of cobwebs, the corroded iron gates, leaves strewn all over the garden ..it all felt strange to me because this whole place used to be bustling with activities!!! I could still imagine where all the furnitures were...my room...my gardens...the squirrel running about...the kingfisher that always used to visit. aww well now all that is gone. But those memories will be forever cherished and it will always bring a smile on my face.

No comments: