Saturday, April 26, 2008

Future Chef....no way!


Hehehh well not exactly. There is a whole group of great cooks in my family...my mom my two grandmother...my aunty...etc!!!! I am the proof that sometimes all these heriditary things can skip a generation! growing up my mom made sure that i got every luxury which was within there limitation. I never had to see the kitchen (unlike in the old day where a girl by the age of 13 was supposed to be well equipped with all the cooking knowledge that has been passed on from generation to generation). well since i have a great history of good cook in my family i thought i might be a natural in the kitchen..there i made a miscalculation... i am a terrible cook.Whenever i enter kitchen i bring some amount of bad luck with me hehhe.Like this one time i tried to help my mom make a desert i ended up to be a very bad idea. i spilled hot oil all over my moms hand and my poor mama suffered for it:(:(. i was really upset abt the whole incident!!!Then yest i was makin egg rice. we had recently moved to a new flat n since i dont live here i didnt know where all the things were. i put oil in the pan n put some masala and while trying to figure out where all the other masala were i ended up burning the dish(sigh). well i guess every policeman makes a mistake.heheh. well But today i tried my hand in makin puddin for my brother bday...it turned out quiet nice(except for the fact that i brought jelly mis instead of gelatin which is the major ingredient!!!). well thankgod my mom had bought a paket of gelatin already. God saved the day heheh. well tomo gonna make spagetti...n donno how its gonna end up.
Well here are some things that i learnt from my past cookin experience:

*Em when there is hot oil in the pan be extra careful not to spill it on yourself...be sure to have tongs to hold the pan and avoid being clumsy for a while hehe
*dont keep you face or body close to the stove while lighting the stove. heheh
*Make sure you keep all the ingredient out before you start making a dish...or else you will end up with a black mess!!
*and make sure to get the correct ingredients the next time;)

well that its for today...if anymore come up i will just add hehhe

No comments: