Sunday, September 16, 2012

The lengendary...wait for it....VESPAAAA :D

I was sitting down to write a statement of purpose for an application I was filling up. I was lacking inspiration and so thought I might look at my blog for that. I winded up writing about my one true love...my VESPA :P. Hehe.
I bought her on July 11th, after joining my new job in SCTIMST. I found travelling till my institute hectic, as I had to board two buses. So as the daddy's girl I am, I buttered him up to let me get a scooter so that my transportation will become much more easier. After relentlessly and diligently nagging my dad, he allowed to look for vehicles. Vespa had just recently been re-released into the market. It was a classic and beautiful scooter. And of course...it was LOVE at FIRST SIGHT :P. I wanted that but the price was a bit too steep. But after looking at other scooters, my mind kept flying back to Vespa. So I decided I wanted that only. I went ahead and booked a Red Vespa, which I received approximately two weeks later. This is my first vehicle and I can proudly say that I bought it with my own earnings :). 
I have always been perplexed when men call their rides "her", "she" or "babe". So I always imagined that my ride would be a "he". But apparently I lean towards calling it a babe instead of a hunk :P. 
So here are some experiences I had with my babe that I wanted to share.
-When I told one of my close friends that I was getting a Vespa, he said that you should live up to the standard of Vespa. I found that funny. The next thing he said was whatever happens, always ALWAYS save the vespa!!! :P I couldn't control my laughter. So I asked him, 'what about me??". He said who cares!!!! Hehe. 
-So when I finally took her out till my institute, I got a lot of wonderful reactions. There are a lot of scientists there who are so engrossed with research that they have no time to look up and smile. These were the scientists who were attracted to my girl. While I was doing an very very (not really) important experiment, one of the scientists came and asked for the owner of vespa. I said it was me. He kindly asked me to come out. Ok, I have to admit that scientists intimidate me. So I was scared to death. He said to take my key and come out. When I stepped out, there were some 3-4 scientists surrounding my girl, looking at her from every angle possible, touching her as if she was some amusing thing. I controlled my laughter. They told me to start the vehicle and to show them the storage area and a bunch of other questions. One of them even commented "You can keep milk packets and that is important" Haha. Seriously...it was funny seeing people, who have numerous publications in renowned journals and were reputed scientists, behaving like a kitten who found a ball of wool :D. I came to be known as the girl with the fluorescent vespa instead of my name, throughout my institute.
-Once when I stopped at the traffic signal a bunch of police officers were pointing a me. I got scared. All the people were looking at me as if i had done some crime. One of the officers walks over to me and asks "how much is it on road?" Lol. For a second I was confused as I was trying to understand what he meant. Not only police officers, but I have had a lot of people on their own rides asking me how much it cost and the varying details about her. Hehe. Nowadays my girl gets all the attention. Gone are the days when people used to look at me!!! They look at my vespa instead!!!!!!!!! Haha. But its all good :)
-Whenever I go out with my babe, my dad asks me a series of questions like "what will you do when you see a gutter suddenly in front of you?" or "what would you do when dogs jump in front of your bike?" and the likes of it. I dutifully give him all the answers and listen to him lecture about safety because I know that it relieves him. At least now he knows that an informed driver is going to ride the bike. Lol I am sure my dad wont think that when he sees me riding :P.  
Like my friend told me, I must live up to the standards of my girl ;)

No comments: