Monday, August 1, 2011

Baking fiesta :)





Lately I have been having an urge to become a good cook :). So I have been experimenting in the kitchen a lot. Today I tried my hand in baking. I was inspired by this amazing chef, Rachel Allen that I saw in the Travel and Living channel. I jotted down some of her recipes in my "recipe book" and made a list of all the ingredients I needed to buy. I was going to make chocolate cake with chocolate icing :). Baking is quiet simple. You just have to weigh out the correct amount of flour, sugar, butter and eggs, beat them in a bowl and set it in an oven and let it do its magic. The part which excites me most is to see the cake rise up and the aroma of it wafting through the air.
The cake was yummy and delicious. Am happy with myself and my first attempt at baking. Cannot wait to try out more recipes :)

No comments: